We have had so many ask us how ADVOCARE, an essential business, is handling the needs of our clients during Covid–19. Here is a look into what our Care Management team is doing to ensure their safety and well-being.
Advocare is making special efforts during this crisis so that our clients are safe, engaged and monitored. We are taking all the recommended precautions in accomplishing our vital tasks.
At Home Visits
- We are continuing to see our clients in their own homes where we are completing our clinical assessments, managing, organizing, ordering, and refilling all medications.
- We continue to monitor and communicate with any care staff in the home and are always in communication with our client families.
- Our Care Managers keep our clients and themselves safe by wearing proper face masks and gloves during all visits and maintain social distancing procedures when appropriate. We continuously educate our clients on ALL safety guidelines designated by the CDC.
- We know the questions to ask!
- The Clinical Team utilizes teleconferencing to gather pertinent information for our clients in the hospital, skilled nursing facilities and assisted living communities where we do not have access.
- Our Team is effective in communicating with medical staff, physicians, and direct care staff and relating the information back to our client families.
Life Care Planning
- Families are reaching us more than ever to address financial matters.
- How do they deal with the use of money as care needs are changing?
- Our Life Care Planning Team helps client’s stage long term plans anticipating all the what-ifs that can occur and synchronize financial wherewithal with changing care needs.
- Video conferencing and telehealth calls with physicians are conducted in the privacy of our client’s homes wherever home may be.
- In-person appointments occur when video conferencing will not suffice.
On Call Service
- Nurse Care Managers continue to be on call to their clients 24/7.
- The doctors are answering our calls promptly and we are proud to say that our proactive approach has evaded many hospital and ER visits for our clients.
Transition Care Management
- We work closely with clients who need custodial-level nursing home placement under Medicaid.
- We are working with families utilizing virtual tours and meetings with facilities to begin addressing the transition to a community for those who realize that a loved one can no longer age-in-place.
- We are executing moves for those who already committed to a senior community allowing move-ins.
- Each Care Manager maintains ongoing telephone communication in-between visits to assess their clients emotional and psychological well-being to combat feelings of loneliness or isolation and implement strategies wherever needed.
Home Care Services
- Call us when your loved one requires qualified caregivers who can provide quality patient care and assistance with personal care, meal prep, light housekeeping, and errands. We work with carefully selected, screened, and trained caregivers to provide the highest quality home care for our clients at affordable prices.